★★★★★ Winner Primary Times Children’s Choice award
Mob 07971 025551
Show Info Sheet
Now taking bookings for this winter and spring 2024
This award-winning original play for young children uses a rich mix of storytelling, physical theatre, clowning, puppetry and music and song to tell the tale of a puppy’s search for friendship in the wilderness of the Alps.
Snowbound in Grandma's little house on top of the mountain, fun-loving Oskar goes out in the snow to find a friendly animal to play with. But Oskar is chased by a hungry fox and has a lucky escape when he falls down a deep hole and lands on top of a young hibernating marmot. Marmot forgives Oskar for waking her up and, using her amazing whistling and digging skills, alerts Grandma to where Oskar is and helps him dig a tunnel to escape the fox. Oskar has so much fun with his new-found friend that he wants to play more but must wait until spring for Marmot to finish her long winter’s sleep.
“Outstanding. This was my own preschooler's first ever live show and I am so massively grateful to Theatre Fideri Fidera for making it such a positive and memorable experience.”
Get Your Coats On
“A charming and thoughtful piece of theatre for younger children. Furry friends, foxes and fun for all the family, this delightful show is a real treat for everyone”
Edinburgh Festival For Kids
Performer: Natasha Granger
Written and directed: Colin Granger
Lyrics and music: Magdalena Portmann and Natasha Granger
Design and puppets: Marina Kobler
Age: Recommended for young children from 2 to 7 and their families but infants and babies are welcome too. The show is also suitable for nursery and lower primary school classes.
Running time: Performances last 35 minutes followed by a 10-minute playtime, where the children can meet the performer and play with the animal puppets from the play. There is no interval.
Minimum space required: 4m wide, 3m high x 4.5m deep. The show can be adapted to rooms with a lower height.
Festivals. Libraries, Community, school, rural touring performances
The show is suitable for non-theatre performances and travels with its own lights and sound.
An optional drama workshop with creative activities and games inspired by the theme of hibernation and the animal characters in the play.
Included in the fee
- Dedicated marketing support from Theatre Fideri Fidera’s experienced marketing team with ideas on how to sell the show to young children and their families, including social media support.
- A video trailer and two singalong videos that venues can embed on their websites.
- Competition prizes: We can supply free copies of the book Oskar's Amazing Adventure as prizes for venues wishing to promote the show with competitions.
- A free programme for the children which has pictures of all the animals in the show to be taken away at the end of the show to colour in.
- Print: Flyers and posters for the show.